ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY 1 OR 2 BEDROOM HOME ON 7.8 ACRES, DARLING DOWNS
Maryvale, Eastern Darling Downs, South East Queensland
An attractive 7.8 acre property with a 1 bedroom plus sunroom or 2 bedroom timber house and creek frontage. A natural haven on the edge of a safe rural village, located within 14km of the ‘World Heritage’ listed Main Range National Park.
An affordable natural refuge featuring an original and unique home, built with the environment in mind. Far enough from the rat race but close enough to major centres and facilities. (25 minutes to Warwick and 1½ hours to Brisbane).
- Land for Wildlife property (including 2 rare plant species)
- Creek frontage and swimming hole
- Great soil for growing vegetables
- Established orchard
- 56,000 litre water storage tanks plus solar equipped bore
- Village store nearby
- Walk to primary school, bus to secondary school
- Weekly Garbage service
- Open plan kitchen, dining and lounge room with stainless steel gas cooktop and electric oven, long timber benchtop and a wood heater in the lounge area. This is approximately 7 x 7½m and has polished timber floors plus a funky feel.
- Open plan bedroom area; currently set-up as 1 large bedroom (6 x 6½m) with polished timber floors and ample windows. This could be easily divided into 2 bedrooms or one bedroom plus sunroom/office.
- Central bathroom and laundry between the 2 open plan areas
- Corridor verandah (approximately 3 x 7m). This is also between the two open plan sections, is covered and has timber flooring
- Large undercover timber deck (approximately 9 x 4m). This has a zincalum roof and offers a large outdoor living and entertainment area.
- Built using large proportion of quality recycled timber
- Solar hot water
- Outside composting toilet
- Roof and most walls insulated
Note: The house is designed to be easily extended to include more bedrooms.
A delightfully interesting block featuring creek frontage, a natural gully, raised knolls and fertile black soil flats. Areas of natural vegetation provide peaceful havens for people and wildlife alike. This is an exciting property for young and the young at heart with opportunities for swimming, walking, bike tracks and other healthy outdoor pursuits.
- Views to the ‘World Heritage’ listed Main Range National Park and other nearby mountains are a feature.
- 2 x bush pole and corrugated iron sheds provide space for a work shed and car parking.
- A fox proof fowl pen, orchard and vegetable garden allow the opportunity to produce healthy home grown food.
|Verandah||Deck||View from Deck|
- Lovely acreage adjoining Maryvale village
- Funky and functional timber home ideal for couple or young family
- Power and phone connected
- Ample water storage
- 1 minute drive to shop, school, hotel etc
- Easy drive to Warwick (employment and business opportunities)
- Near Main Range National Park
- 2 sheds for vehicles or workshop
- Creek with swimming hole
- Ideal weekend retreat or retirement property
- Room for horse or cattle
- Close to Cunningham Highway (2km)
- Bitumen road frontage
|Shed||Composting Toilet||Fowl Pen|
This is a very unique and attractive property at a budget price.
The house is stunning and very liveable. It offers lifestyle living in a pristine rural village on small acreage.
The garage and sheds are a bonus and there are areas for a few horses or cattle.
This property will surprise potential buyers with its stunning features and natural beauty.
|View Toward Creek||Walking Track to Creek||Creek|
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.